Saturday, June 07, 2008

Pet of my heart!

We caught up with friends at Taro's last night to celiebrate Rich's upcoming birthday! It was great, sushi and Anna, Rachael, Tavo, Menki, Daniel and JOHNNY. Rich even was able to do the Birthday game (early) and won a Taro's hat. But all the attempts to remind myself of that fun are dashed after this morning.

Tiger Lily, the pet of my heart...had a seizure or a stroke this morning. Rich saw her go down and went to her because we knew immediately something was much more serious. I hadn't posted that she was diagnosed with cancer recently cuz I'm was in denial. The tumor changes in size and I just wanted, so hard, to believe...it wasn't "that" serious. Coincidently we had a vet appt. at 10am and at 9:40...blubbering I called and told them where we were at...she couldn't walk, shaking and drooling and they said it was time to make some hard decisions. Did I want her to pass at home or at the clinic...and I said we'll just stay home...more like bubbled it out between tears. She seemed to get a little better through the day, we canceled all plans and have laid on the floor with her and all the pets all days. She definetly has more control over her facilities but enevitibility of her situation is with us every minute. She is getting every treat she desires. I have never loved any being the way I love Tiger, I know if I met her as a human we would be dear friends...its just chemical...we are a Match. I will enjoy every minute I have remaining with her. Her body is just giving out, but her sparkle in her eyes and devilish grin remains....her legs may not work...but her nose and tummy still are ticking right along...hugs K

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Hugs to you all!

Brenda said...

I'm trying to see through tears as I type. Big big hugs and kisses all around -- you're doing the right thing by surrounding her with your warmth and love.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Sissy, I'm so so sorry!
Tom and I send all of our love to you both, and to the rest of your furry family. In my heart I'm on the floor with you all, my heart is broken for you all! lob,hugs and kisses. bb