Saturday, April 19, 2008

WAHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Things were getting better this week, Greg is home and Safe. things were calming down, no crisis, work was workable, I got to see Mamma Mia Thursday night (thanks Margaret!!!!) and loved it...we have a wedding this weekend and Kayak whale watching replacement planned for Sunday, in Santa Cruz, bought a cute dress for the wedding, had hotel reservations and Lori O was going to watch the pets (another huge thanks and its nice to know we couldn't trust our pets with better friends!!! yes Sean too!!! XO) So...plans are moving on throughout the week, got my nails done, then Friday evening had a hair appointment....thats when it happened, wait did I tell you we were going to stay in Santa Cruz two nights and Rich would drop me at work Monday morning in Oakland...yeah yeah....best laid plans....
So I come out from the hair salon, get in my car, put the key in the starter and turn around to back out....only to see day light, yes there is no window, its been smashed out...funny how the brain, frame by frame, starts to digest what just freakin happened, I get outta the car and look at the back shattered window and they only stole one thing, oh just one thing (no biggie right?) no they stole my briefcase with all my work in it. Now I call 911, ok not really a life threatening incident, so call non-emergent police...stay on hold for twenty minutes while some of the surrounding store owner/managers come out and help clean up all the glass...finally I hang up, knowing I'll just have to file a claim with my insurance.

Thangs to be thankful for:
they didn't steal my car
they now must do the Dr Wong and Walters contract...that image in my head is really funny, some crook trying to do my work
no extended personal information was stolen
$100 deductible
and my hair looks gorgeous!

Really I'm trying to make light of it, but I feel so wronged, then I think of what Greg went through and I b iatch slap myself...thankful that it wasn't worse. So my advice during these trying times, don't leave anything of value in your car and never plan a freaking kayak whale watching tour, cuz it just WASN'T MEANT TO BE!!!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

:(

Vig hug, my bff! I'm so sorry -- I've been broken into twice, and the shock I think is the worst part. Plus the feeling of violation, even though you're safe and sound (and that's the MOST important part).

Ugh!!!

Yeah! Let THEM do the contract work!!!

:)

Brenda said...

By the way, that was BIG hug (dop)...