Wednesday, April 09, 2008

How quickly things can change....








The weekend started with a van rental and then Mark and I spent all morning loading Greg's stuff and all afternoon moving into the new digs. A nice 2 bedroom townhouse apt with "walk in" closets no less. Sunday I helped Greg set up the new place and by 3pm we were playing Guitar Hero in stereo and life was good. Cut to the midnight phone call....the apt next door caught fire...he is ok and they let him into a vacant apt next door....I show up at 6:45am and he is a bit freaked... When I talk to the Mgmt staff they let me know that the apt is toast and because of the presence of asbestos...all of the soft items inside are contaminated....Red Cross was great..they provided debit card for some supplies and a voucher for 3 days at a motel,,,but Greg wont leave without his backpack, back in the burned unit....and he wont sign the waiver to get in...

I set him up with a cellphone and some clothes, bed, cooler and leave him about 12 hours later...Tuesday he is still unwilling to sign the waiver, so I try to make him comfortable and work with the manager on the upcoming new apt...I split around 3 to try to get a nap and at 4:50 I get a call from the manager that someone "matching his description" has busted the window at the burned out place. So over I go and when I get there she allows me in ,,,against the rules and I get the Backpack...This in hand, Greg is now ready to go to the Motel..GREAT!

I check in, open the doors, go back to the car and tell Greg to take the dog to the bathroom and lock him in there so we can bring in the stuff. Well the dog had other ideas and proceeds to escape his collar and get hit by a car on Arden way...HOLY SHIT!!! Greg is able to round him up and we get him into the room. About the time Kris shows up and like the Angel she is, calms all of us down...Dog seems OK...WOW..

Wednesday morning and he seems OK. I get him some water and get to work for a couple hours. I am pretty burnt, so I do what I can and get out. Now I find that he is back to whigged out and only wants water no food. He is safe with his dog, bird, guitar and backpack! I am taking the night off. The pics are of the Sunday afternoon happy time and the one is of the fire damage....all good thoughts are welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Greg and the dog are ok, but DAY-UM! Sorry to hear about all the angsty stuff! His placed looked nice!

Sean and I both have the flu and are in misery. Rena is equally as miserable as she is looking at a third day without a walk.