Saturday, April 26, 2008

this is for Lor and Bren (who else, hello!)



first off, sorry Lor for not getting back with you on the weekend outing, we had previous obligations. But I found an extra thirty minutes in my day between chores, Mason's birthday party at McKinnley and more chores to go to Rumpelstiltskin's...first time yarn purchase for me. I was pretty intimidated but the woman that worked there was willing to help me. I bought new needles (#11) thou the skien said #10s...and sale yarn (I'm sooooo cheap). I brought the supplies (of my new addiction) to the park, knowing Edda would help me "cast on." Which she did (Love you Edda!!) and then it was up to me to hold true to my commitment to pearling. Now I'm comfortable knitting but the pearling still vexes me. Edda was a trouper with my ineptitude but got me to a level that I could procede on my own...and Lor thats due to your initial training! So check it out. Don't look too close, but I'm pearling damn it!

ps. anyone, how do I put link/tabs in my posts???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I was only 1/4 serious about the IKEA. But 100% about Rumples! I'm glad you went, and I always check the sale stuff first.

That's some pretty pretty yarn, but here's a tip. When you are photographing to show your awesome new purling skilz, show the other side! The purl side looks suspiciously like garter stitch (what you get when you only do the knit stitch).

I want to see in person and bring you back Tuesday Next along with some other book! Let me know when I can come over...

Brenda said...

That is some mighty gorgeous yarn!!! And the only thing better than gorgeous yarn is SALE yarn! Woo hoooo!!!

Purl away my friend!!! Looks like you're doing a great job!

My tip, which you probably already know about, is to check out youtube for knitting (and purling and casting on) tutorials -- got me through a couple of tricky stitches that couldn't figure out on my own.

Lob!!!

Anonymous said...

love me some Rumpelstiltskin's! Girl, look at you go, getting addicted to knitting now! It's one of my faves, wait you know that already. Give me a TV show to 1/2-way pay attention to, or a good book-on-tape, some yarn & needles, and I'm a happy happy girl.