Saturday, December 13, 2008

sad sad sad


but let me offer some background for my days events yesterday...my company holiday party was in Oakland at the Sequoyah Country Club. I had the opportunity to drive with a coworker who I enjoy and respect...but my side note is my pet peeve of people still driving when on their cell phone. And my friend Mike not only was guilty but also drove with his legs...while jotting down notes from voice mail...got to say I'm thankful for my knitting, pretty much I stopped looking because I was going to explode. So after making it to and from Oakland unscathed, all I had to do was drive home from the train station. Almost home, stopped at a stop light and a gaze up at my rearview mirror and realize that car behind me was totally unable to stop in time and I was going to get hit...the thought happened only a second before the sound. It was scary but I'm ok. The guy that hit me totally copped to it, he was more scared than me. And yes his insurance is still in his Mom's name...oy! So the adventure of getting my baby fixed, renting a car and working with the body shop has begun...I'm just so sad my baby's bumper is dragging...my first new car ever :(

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh no!!! Horrible! I'm just glad your baby was able to absorb a lot of that impact ... your former baby would have been in bad shape (and you too!). Cell AND taking notes? Talk about speed knitting!!! Geeeesh.