Sunday, May 11, 2008

drama-meter in the green





the weekend was good, Friday night Anna came over we did some reminiscing and lots of laughing. Saturday we went to the Whole Earth festival, saw Iron Man and hit my fav Thrift store. Then did a sushi night with Mark, Edda and Laurel.

Sunday was all about my mom and Mother Day...we went to Capital Nursery and walked for hours...what a great nursery. She reminisced about her love of nurseries and plants, talked about her Mom's favorite flowers and at one point she just wanted to stand by the roses and drink in the smell. Love my Mom! And since I never met her Mom (she passedwhen my Mom was but 15) I like to hear stories about her. We went to Pasta Pomodora for lunch, freakin love that place. She had a shrimp pasta dish with this dreamy tomato/cream sauce and I went for their chicken piccata...loved it. Then off to Home Goods, a great store to buy all kinds of kitchen, housewares and bathroom stuff.

Now ready to get organized for starting another work week!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Sounds like a very well deserved and wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

1. Where was this Whole Earth Festival?

2. Which is your fave Thrift store and what did you get?

3. I've never heard of Home Goods! Where is it?

Anonymous said...

Lor, I've done you a disservice by not telling you about this Davis institution. Every Mother's Day weekend we celebrate our Mother Earth...hippie-fest, dreads, drum circles and hackysack...Right and Relevant (yes we went together, Sean got pants...'member?)and AND Home Goods, Hazel and Douglas...trust me GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, plan to spend some time!

Anonymous said...

ps. we got an authentic Chinese Rice dish, a serving dish for sushi and a kitty tunnel for CrAzY KiTtY!