Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rollercoaster o life



Over the past year my doctor has been checking, probing, testing and retesting me for breast cancer. As is the life of many women, we have so many parts that require monitoring-damn girl parts! Some of the women in my life who have gone through the “FIGHT” have demonstrated strength, optimism and hope and their example in grace provided me a vision for which I hitched my wagon to. I have a personal history with my Mom surviving breast cancer; therefore, I have jumped on each concern and test. Last Wednesday, due to suspicious calcification's and papaloma cell growth, I had a lumpectomy with the love of my life, there by my side (yes with his camera/phone). I'm recovering by being forced to eat comfort food, watch daytime tv, loads of Food Network, reading, napping, jigsaw puzzles, receiving loads of love from friends and family. The best news came in today, from my surgeon, that no cancer was found. Back to recoup'ing as the animals are loving it and icing the “ol girl!!!”


Ps. I know my mini surgery is minor but a reminder our path in life is still yet determined and full of different experiences from which I still have stuff to learn from.


ppss. Hot Tub Time Machine Anyone???

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Yay!!!!!!! Best news, indeed! Big big, err, gentle hug, full of love. :) xoxoxoxo

LoriO said...

How you manage to look so good lying in a hospital bed I'll never know. Yay for the good news!

Anonymous said...

thanks sooooo much ladies

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jo said...

Hey! Obviously my care o meter is a little off. I haven't read your blog in a while. Hoping all is well. Hug!