Sunday, July 25, 2010

What A Week






Well its been a hell of a week. Eppies was Saturday and Team ARFCD Flood Fighters did great. David was a bit hampered by the Mountain Bike but next year with a better bike we will RULE.

2:11 is a time to be proud of and Christians 6 minute miles went a long way to getting us a free breakfast. As for the old man of the crew a 47 minute Kayak leg was not to be ashamed of...only saw 2 boats pass me and I left quit a few in my wake.
Sunday I insatalle the Laminate floor in the spare bedroom....did I mention that it was 103 degrees that afternoon....Weight lose program by home remodel .

Tuesday I left for the DHS conference in Memphis. We were trying to work out the operational details of deploying a floating levee breach repair.... harder than I had thought it would be. It was a trip to be invited to a Dept of Homeland Security conference but I think it went well.
Memphis is wicked hot and the Mississippi is humongous.. some good BBQ and Music but home is where I wanted to be by Friday.....however....Delta Airlines had other ideas ...they had a plane computer fail and after being in the airport for 6 hours I ended up back at a Delta paid for room for the night. 6 am flight to Atlanta on Saturday and that meant getting up at 3:30...yes that is east when I need to go west but after a whole bunch o hours in the air and airports ... home and safe on Saturday. Spent the day reconnecting with my wife(Yup still in love with my wife)
Back in the bedroom today and rented a cordless finish nailer to install the molding,,,,(That is a cool gizmo)...Move the furniture back in and started on the new closet shelves...WHEW...cant wait to get back to work..Glad to be home....

No comments: