Thursday, January 11, 2007

Stained Glass Class


I attended my first Stained Glass class. Damn Rainbow Glass got more of my money. The owners wife asked me why I was taking the beginers class and we both scoffed...but I totally learned new techniques. Me and my new 70 plus year old boyfriends are all part of the Thursday class. One factoid that I thought was amazing, stay with me...when I fuse a 4 by 4 inch glass piece, I take the kiln up to like 1350 degrees and bring it down to 1000 and hold it for an hour to anneal the glass, to avoid cracking...so when they made the Hubble lense (still with me?), the had to anneal it for six months to ensure that it didn't crack. Ok, that was Glass magic news that just blew me away. My goal is to combine what I've learned in fusing and combining the two techniques. Ok, since I hate my "all talk" entries...so I'll share my New Years Eve Pot melt which I thought was a sucess. The picture doesn't do it justise, you can't see the iridized red swirl...K

1 comment:

Brenda said...

GORGEOUS!!!!