Sunday, December 03, 2006

End of an era...




we set our 20 plus year old cat, Boy Cat free of his earthly body. He was part of our lives for so long...lived at our 26 and D, San Antonio, the condo, the apartment and Vancouver homes. We had his Mom in 1986, momma cat gave birth to him and three siblings. We kept two, Boy Cat and Girl Cat. Boy Cat was one tough cat in his youth but demonstrated his real toughness as at senior citazen. No matter where or when chicken was around BC was there. You couldn't eat ceral or ice cream without him in your bowl. He had no problem grabbing your hand, should it have what he wants, with his claw. Meepers knew his place though, every Sunday was "wet food" night and Meeps always let Boy Cat eat his fill before he started...

Tonights "Wet food" was a little confusing to Meepers...

When you don't have kids, our animals are our furry family and ours is reduced. We miss Boy Cat and I know Meepers does too. He had a pretty fabulous life...should we all have such adventures! I hope he's found a wonderful sunbeam enjoy with Girl Cat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry to hear that! Hugs to you both. He had a good long life.

Brenda said...

I'm laughing through my tears or crying through my laughter, both sad and happy thinking about Boy Cat waking me up at 4am many a wee morning on the couch at EVERY home you've had with a big wet "kiss." I know he's rolling in the sun with Girl Cat, Momma Cat, Sassy, and every other one of our fuzzy little ones who've stolen our hearts. Someone very wise (who recently lost her own fuzzy one) once told me that we never get to enjoy them long enough, but that we're so blessed for the time that we have with them, and it's so true. Remember all the good times for the little lion who truly was king. I miss him, know you're really missing him (even Meepers!!!!!), and my you're all in my hears this week. Lob you all very much, Bren, Molly, Fiona

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that Boy Cat has moved to kitty heaven...what a good long life he had with you both and your family. Let the healing begin for all of you, including Meepers.

My niece has a new puppy, and it made me miss my late dog, Mac, all over again because he was so great and patient and comforting to new puppies...somehow pups just brought out his paternal side. Sigh.

Julie