Monday, October 02, 2006

A Weekend of Religious Theatre and Meat






I spent the weekend photographing the Festival of Our Lady of Fatima, the patron saint of the Portugese at a small church downtown. The service takes place over 2 days and involves alot of ceremony, incense as well as tons of meat. I had a greattime but lost my weekend to it and the sale of the 4Runner. I think I got a few good pics and now allI have to do is crop them get rid of red eye and burn 10 VCD's for my fee...next time I charge more.

5 comments:

Sra. Nunes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sra. Nunes said...

I totally grew up a part of these festivals. In fact, I was once (at age 10) one of the little girls marching next to the queen. Yes, crown and i had a beehive. Where was this?

Brenda said...

I thought I had the wrong blog for a minute!

Very cute, Rich! Congrats on the four runner, too!

B

Anonymous said...

Speaking of religious theatre... ARC's Production of Godspell (featuring preshow entertainment by Bryce Marck) opens at Fair Oaks this October 6th, and runs through the 22nd. I expect to see you there?

-Bryce (Dobutsu@gmail.com)

Anonymous said...

It was at the St elizibeth Churh Downtown Sacto