Sunday, November 15, 2009

Laptop surgery





Well my HP TX1000 laptop died a month ago...lights worked but no Boot Up...total black screen.. Tried all kinds of ideas...removed and reseated hard drives ,battery , ram...nothing. So I bought a new ASUS laptop and have been getting ready to dump the old one...but b-4 I do I decided one more time to see if I can fix it...I find a post by a kid on youtube showing how to heat up the moterboard and reseat the Graphics Processor (GPU)...So I tear apart the case and get at the buggar and follow the kids directions...make a cardboard mask to only heat the GPU and use a 150 watt bulb to get it hot and then smoosh the processor back into the motherboard..then use a penny as a heat sink and put the bastage back together....Well the sombiatch is working.. Will be reloading the OS and keeping an eye on it..cost me $20 bucks for thermal paste and a big spotlight,,and I learned alot about laptop repair. His video is at...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctHTF3oNdxI

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Woo hoo! Youtube comes through again! :D