Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween fun
















So I get a bug in my butt and there's no stopping me. I heard Rich say that he wanted to incorporate our Trailer Woody in this years festivities...so I embraced it. A Swiss Chalet deserves Swiss themed characters. I rented costumes that did wht we needed them to be and it was downhill from there. We woke up Saturday morning with a spark in our step, we separated with the divide and conquer. Rich headed to Home Depot and I heade to my fav thrift store, then Target. I grabbed sandwiches and ran home to compare notes. While inhaling our lunch we delighted in unveiling everything we'd found. We had gumdrop lights, gingerbread cookie placemats and lite up candy canes...we were a flurry of activities. Then we attempted to nap-hah! both our brains are racing a million miles an hour so a nap just wasn't in the cards....I think Rich changed an was ready for kids at 5:30 but we were an hour or so away from dark. So I ordered a pizza and donned my outfit...we went with the Hansel and Gretel story with a witch in our makeshift oven in Woody! We had Barverian music playing too. Lori O came over to verify just how crazy we were...but she was encouraging and we were in it for the long haul. Kids came and it was really the Parents that thought we were a hoot. Oh then there was the beer...yes in a accordance to all codes of Baveria...we drank our weight in beer and wound the night down after putting all the decorations away tucked away, safe and sound. But noone can say we didn't commit...

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I LOOOOOVE IT!!! Lederhosen! Swiss Miss! Wicked witch in the oven! It's a fairy tale gone right! I always look forward to your Halloween tales and this might be the best yet!

xoxo B

LoriO said...

Loved it! I think it was your most inspired Halloween yet! (Sean says thanks for the Cherry sodas!)