Sunday, May 10, 2009

Perfect weekend




The fun and games started Thursday with a very unusual adventure of going to opening day/night Trek. We started at the Mall, signed up for the Race for the Cure that Saturday, sushi (of course) and 7:30 first "digital" airing of Star Trek. Rich was in heaven, and I happily tagged along...now I'm a Trek fan too, but after the heels of falling asleep in Wolverine last weekend and giving the late night without a nap...I went into it alittle nervous. Although I allowed my body the opportunity to sleep around 11 times...I didn't sleep a wink. It was great, adventurous ride...even though the "red goo" is highly illogical. The casting was "spot on" and made the experience even better-I highly recommend it. Then Saturday am, 6:00am to be exact, we roused our lazy butts up and outta the house for the Race for the Cure. We do love this run, as it is highly inspirational. Its an active meditation of gratitude...for all those fighting cancers, surviving cancer and those who were lost to cancer-my heart knows its purpose and I joyfully run through the pain...cuz my running is as graceful as Fred Flintstone. Then from the RFTC...we went to Home Depot for plants and pots (and a Mom's day giftie). Then we spent the rest of the day doing house cleaning, food prep and backyard improvements. Theres something to be said about all our accomplishments, all within a day...left us exhausted, calling for pizza and turning the lights out...at 9:01, cuz we couldn't justify going to bed before 9pm.

Then this morning we headed to Mom's but she was off looking at houses....cooooolio, more, I'm sure, to follow, so we kept going to Davis and the Whole Earth Festival. Yes, our annual Hippie pilgrimage...we learned about green living through Hemp, why you shouldn't shave your pits, acid dancing and lentil recipes...alright, I did buy some cool pottery...and check out this ladys creature...happy Moms day to all the Moms!!!

No comments: