Thursday, September 18, 2008

a year of miss connections and missed vacations





had you known that we were going to Santa Cruz for my first big Vackay from Kaiser you might think we'd be sharing crazy pictures from SC by now...but once again it wasn't meant to be. Rich picked me up in Oakland monday afternoon as planned. Boats and bikes affixed to the FJ. We were going to kayak and bike are way through our fav environment, stay at our fav place, eat at all our fav places and rest....Ha! the universe again had other plans for us. I packed the boxes of food for the animals, snacks for our days on the beach but yet we are home. We got one good night in but only to receive the call you don't want to get from your pet sitter, "aaaaah, did you change your locks....cus I cant get in..." Yup, we did change them and no one had the replacement keys...yet Rich had made them and told me to share them>" dooohhhh and after a hour of crisis...we knew the only options was to call it a Wrap and head home. Home where the front yard cried for our attention. We have spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday working on the Front Yard. Its therapuetic working on something you can actually see the progress on. I've dug and refilled and re dug and refilled holes for drainage, plumbing and electrical. alast I can see Rich's vision. Without work its calming to just enjoy the triumph that is "hard work" and Rich's vision. So much for Santa Cruz...

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow! It's coming along! I can't wait to see the vision fulfilled. More, though, I can't wait to see you both and all my fuzzy godchildren! I don't want to jinx things, though, so won't say more.

lob!