Sunday, August 10, 2008

Serindipity is Grand





Well we started Saturday very laid back reading and chilling at the home front when we got a wild hare and put on some date duds and headed out to second Saturday downtown. We walked all over doing more people watching then art appreciation,,,after not getting into a few possible dinner spots we are down by 16th and J and those who know us know we were drawn to Mikunis like moths to a flame.,,we grab a margarita and start salivating in advance of the coming yummys...Then Kris looks over and in strolls Taro looking sharp(just came from a wedding) Well Kris is practically shoving me to talk to him about the new MIKUNI sign....Well I slug a little liquid courage and dive in.. He was great and I think he really likes the one I did for TARO's,,,gives me his cell # and e-mail and is off to the reception,,,needles to say I am giddy and not sure if I blubbered. So I sent pics to him today and will call in a few days to see if he has had a chance to see them,,,,,WOOOO HOOO. After the great chow we meet up with Anna and Kelly and Cheryl at a dive bar on Folsom Bl. They were havin a few and were in good cheer. Today it was the japanese bazaar and the farmers market...Rattatouilee this week,,,maybe some homemade bread...All in all a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its important to note who Taro is, in Sacramento the Mikuni Family has four restaurants in Sactown. Plus one in Tahoe, Vegas and new one in Denver. We have been lucky enough to meet Taro at his restaurant...he shared his Mikuni's own cold Sake with us...we took are first sushi class with him and he in our minds is equal to Rocknroll star status. He has a little buckaroo bonzai and comic book magic to his style, he's funny, slick, and dapper...maybe a bit of 007! So running into him was magic, Rich and I were star struck, no doubt but he and his wife were gracious and genuine. Our fingers are crossed. Sending good thoughts out to the universe. K

Brenda said...

super cool!

I don't know how I missed your post! I the fact that I missed it says a whole LOT about my week!

So good to talk with you both tonight. Love, hugs and kisses!