Friday, July 06, 2007




We enjoyed a Pyle Fourth of July!!! We indulged in Rich's Ribs that he spent six plus hours smoking, yummy salads and cold libations. The magic of fireworks is that they turn anyone into a seven year old, and this year Mason had plenty of friends!!! The next day we escaped the heat and went to Half Moon Bay with the poochies. It was literally 50 degrees cooler. Plus with the help of our Dogs Lover guide to CA, we found a couple dog parks, a cool, funky hotel/B & B and a great place for dinner. So not only did we get a "beach" fix but cooled off for a day and a half. Plus we visited dog heaven, "Fort Funston." Its a blast to see ever shape, breed, hair type and color, sateration level, drool quotent and smile....DOG HEAVEN!!!!


Then Rich did the equivalent to a daddy taking his child to his/her first day of school...by the hand, kicking and screaming! We drove to Oakland and found the Kaiser corporate office...where I have to be for physical exam Monday at 1:15pm. Then he took me to the Amtrak (Jack London Square) station and drove to both my new office and the corporate office...three times so I would be comfortable taking the train and ultimately a cab to the office. At first I was so nauseous....thinking I would both barf and have an anxiety attack at the same time...but by the third time I could smile and see the cool side of Oakland and little china town. Scary business but with Rich supporting me, I can do this! Bring it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a good idea, driving the route and seeing the building and how to get there from Amtrack. Very Smart! Anxiety must be at least 30% less now?

Good luck!

Brenda said...

Rich is a good papa.