Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sometimes I really hate being a girl...





I have tortured myself over getting a different car since you just can't tied kayaks to a Celica. So I have shopped the internet, test drove cars and literally drove myself crazy choosing something. I knew that I wanted a truck but the jury was out between a Dodge and a Toyota. I love Toyotas but they are expensive. I was going to use whatever I could get for my celica towards the truck.

I gathered all my strength and scheduled an appointment with CarMax. I heard good things about them...so I committed the day to doing this. 11 am I was there, optimistic and enthusiastic. I test drove a few and fell in love. A mere 4 and a half hours later my love and I drove off. The ordeal left me starving and a bit weary. So I get home and Rich goes for a ride with me. He's sold, we go around the block and come back to park in our driveway. He says "pop the hood." And thats when everything went down the tubes...there's rust where there shouldn't be, we get on our backs in 90 plus weather and look at the under carriage RUST and MUD! So I (we) will return to CarMax tomorrow to try again...poops!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Dang!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I am wary of carmax. It seems to me they just take cars and give them a wash and wax (or maybe a crappy new paint job) and that's it.

Just like the expierence you had, it seems good, until you really start looking.

I'd recommend cu auto sales if they're still around.

Anonymous said...

cu is where i bought two cars and they no longer exist. i got a replacement today, my fingers are crossed. K