Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Master revisited

We were lucky enough to attend the KPIG's songwriters festival in Saratoga with my BBF, Brenda. The real motivation was David Bromberg (aka The Master) but enjoyed some of the other other artists. The real surprise was David was playing with the Angel Band...well the way we felt, anyone in the way of David playing was evil and must move out of the way to let the Master Play. But to our surprise the Angel Band deserved our attention, let alone Laurie Lewis got up and played half a set with them all...then David got up and started with "I like to sleep late in the morning"' and proceeded to forget the words...it was hysterical! David is always great but it was a Sunday show, in Saratoga...no less...so we opted for an early retreat to get home Sunday by 10pm. Then Monday pretty much sucked but we survived only with the fact that Tuesday we were going to see David again, here in Sacramento. Now as many times as I've seen David, he has never played in Sac, we've seen him at the Palms, in Reno and now Saratoga...Sacramento was a treat. Plus Mark Pyle was going tooo! He and Rich have listened and loved David since I've known them. Edda was a Bromberg virgin and I'm just a huge fan. So tonight after a long work day I met the Pyles and Rich at Harlow's. Gotta say I was shocked at a 7:30 show...was packed (yeah!!!) every gray haired man with a hawaiin shirt attended and was smiling (beer in hand). The fans may have aged and put on a few (myself included) but we were collectively thrilled. David played back up to the Angel Band again for the first set but came out flaming in the second set, with three encores. Charlie of Little Charlie and the Nightcats, got up and jammed on the harp too. We are pooped but our hearts are full. I love live music and it makes your realize those mcnugget singers we have forced down our throats don't hold anything to those with true talent.

ps. fraker Blogger still wont let me post pix-argggggggggghhhh!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

sounds like you had a GREAT time. and now I have a small bit of an idea of what it's like to watch!!!