Monday, August 24, 2009

Holloway adventure #17



































































Our third Indy adventure with Team Holloway. And it was "all in" this time. We got there early, ate a donut, assisted in packing the "short bus," procured our seat and in no time...it was "game on." We had packed our secret Tecate, limes, snacks, knitting (not for eating) and baby carrots...nothing says Indy like baby carrots. The posse this year was the usual suspects with the additional our our bestie bud and son, Mark and Mason. From the moment we got there, it was walking walking walking...we did the garagage, all the concessions and ended in the pits before the races. The only rub was no one under 18 could go in and we only had 5 minutes before the deadline into the pits....so Rich and Mark headed in...while Mason and I waited outside the pits...we got to see some of the racers. Mason had to school me on the who's and which teams. I was all like, "do we know him??? do we like him??? who's that????" He was gracious and clued me in. Brian I've learned alot through your tutilage but I still have a long way to go in learning Nascar, Indy, Formula, Motorcycle and sidehack racers.
ps. cute other woman racer...Milka...dead last but good with the fans!!!



They out came Mark...I was tapped in. So mistakenly I wound up with the racers...right next to the cars....so without being stopped I kept walking to connect with Rich...and once he saw me...he's like what tha...get outta there. Then once beyond the barracade they tell us all we were going to have to leave...as the race was starting...so Rich and I kept sneeking through to only reach the actually starting line and there she is...freaking Danica Patrick. She and Franchetti had to stop into the portapotty...before the race. Now Rich impressed the hell outta me, being the ultimate Danica fan...he allowed her the privacy to pee in silence...but check out our pictures...pretty impressive.


Then we literally had to run back to our seats, behind turn 9 and cracked a cold one. And though we missed the start but soon thereafter...lap three...huge crash. Major upset for the race....but not much jockeying after Franchetti took the front spot...And Danica got seventh (I think). Either way the adreliane gets turbobusted during the race...you sit, barely able the hear the person next to you, eyes bugged and for me...my ponytailed whipped back and forth watching the racers.


Thanks for a crazy post race meal at not the Chili's in Dixon. Best trip ever and my one question is, what time did Jennifer show up to work? and Montreal????

1 comment:

Brenda said...

And a good time was had by all! Yay!