Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rest in Peace my love






With heavy heart I need to report the passing of our dearest friend, Tiger Lily. 14 plus years have passed with so many adventures, so many furry kisses and walks. Her body plagued with cancer, multiple tumors, lupus...she was deaf and lost 20 plus pounds over the past month...it was time to let her be free. Free from the pain and limitations her body was forcing on her beautiful spirit. Since we purchased our house Tiger was here with us, she was part of all decisions and seen us through a number of changes. It was amazing how a she was just an extension of who Rich and I were...guess thats how parents feel...as she was in essence a combination of both our spirits. I will miss her every day and right now nothing seems to have that special sparkle, like she took that with her. I know life will “right”our ship and we will keep going...but losing this friend, this being who filled me with love and joy is about the hardest thing I've experienced. The cycle of life is inevitable, humbling and plain hard.


At least we have our furry and feathered family to keep us smiling...Penny is trying to get a fly and jumping 5 feet in the air...I know she is just trying to keep us entertained and amused. Plus Rich did get to use his Christmas gift finally...he got to go in a helicopter over Folsom Lake and up the American River...so we definitely have plenty to smile about but the weight of a broken heart taints everything else.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

It's a little hard to type through the tears. I love Tiger Lily so much, but know that your love for her is exponentially so much more. Tiger was and is such a huge force in the Family Marck. And what a love! Such a lovely and loving dog. :) Big hugs to everyone (I hope Ally's doing OK) with piles and piles of love. I'm glad she's at rest now, but boy of boy, I'm just so sad.

With love,

B

Anonymous said...

"Whats Happining Big Guy"

As Tiger was leaving us the goosen dawg was flying around omega happy as a clam. It reminded me of th big guy.
love,
markie