Thursday, January 01, 2009

my birthday wish











Rich has known for EVERAH I have said I want to try parachuting but he was not on my wavelenght as me for that adventure (really I was ok with that :P) but a couple of years ago I heard Vegas had a "indoor parachuting" simulator and I was sucked in. Then recently we found that they branched out and IFly had a new location in UnionCity. So when I saw that, I told Rich THATS what I want to do for my Birthday. True to his word, he checked it out and booked our appointment for today (delighted they were open, as sooooo much is closed on my stoopid birthday). And with our adventure booked, we dined early last night and hunkered down...no partying, as Rich thought a flying hangover would not be fun. Feeling fabulous this morning- we set out, coffee in hand. Needing lunch we stopped at one of my fav.s, Askew at the Bay Street Mall in Emeryville. With our bellies not too full we headed on our way and our timing was perfect. We found the place easily and did our training and were flying without much fanfare. There was a group of seven ranging in age from 7 to ummm, how do I say this nicely...Rich. So Rich was fourth to go in and the 7 year old set the stage, making it look pretty easy. The shear force of the wind makes your adrenialan smile a little loose and by the time I came out the first time (you get two one minute flights) I was all drooley. An instructor stays close to advise and for safety. But what a experience, I've always wanted to fly, I have flying dreams and always love a challenge...so today was an utter dream. Plus to share the adventure, made it even more fun. Happy New Year to you all. K

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Yay! The looks of utter joy on both of your faces are priceless! I'll bet that took 10 years off your lives, in a totally good way. Happy happy! Love you!