Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bren visit



Friday I went to the California Academy of Sciences at Golden Gate park for our department's team building adventure. It was fun and the Rain Forest and aquarium are really impressive, if you can...go! They put a lot of time, effort and money into the rejuvenation!

But the best part was Brenda, my BFF was picking me up in Oakland and driving us back to Sac! Once in Sac we picked up Rich and headed to Taro's so Brenda could experience Rich's fav place in town. And a bit timid at first, and after the highly intoxicating margarita...Bren was up for the experience of SUSHI. She was brave and adventeruous...even if she didn't like the nori (seaweed) The Chefs were in feisty friday night mode and there was loads of banter between us and them....thats why we go there!!!

Then home for GUITAR HERO, now mind you Brenda and I have been playing video games together for twenty years...we are bonded in our geek-dom but the beauty of Guitar Hero is its Classic Rock tooo! So Brenda kicked ass to Heart, Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Cheap Trick and more...we all have fun taking turns rockin out. shhhh, I love GH and think Bren's a convert now tooooo!

Saturday Morning, Bren and I knitted and talked to a groggy Rich...it was a longgggg night. Then off to Tower Cafe for Breakfast...nothing better in my book. We had phenomenal morning meal. Then off to R5, the one owned by the old owner of Tower Records, for old time sake...the GH revived my need for a Kansas album (yes I said album) Bren and I went to Ikea and she made it a serious haul, can wait to see her place with all her new loot! I got a flingleflaggin and shellalucch....you guys have those already, right???? Then Rumplestilskins and Babettas for much oooooooing and ahhhhhing over yarn! Bren so glad to have the visit, love to you!!! Hugs K
ps, I got one picture of us together, but it reflects our going to bed after midnight! We need to get some good pictures of us three together, deal????

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Deal! Next visit, for my Vista overhaul with Rich! I'll post my photos tomorrow! xoxoxo